So all of my family absolutely loves this sign! I really like it a lot, but felt like I made a few mistakes on it. I think it still turned out really neat. I plan on making more, and I think with practice, they will really turn out nice! Tell me what you guys think? I hope you are all staying safe, Healthy, and HAPPY!!! ????
First I started by putting a clean piece of postage paper on my lap desk to protect it. Then I gathered all of my supplies. (All of the supplies are linked at the bottom of the page) I used a small round wooden block, metallic purple paint, metallic blue paint and a cream color paint. I also used Mod Podge, clay tools, paint brushes and various other tools such as a ruler and pencil.
The first step is is to sand down the wood really well, then make sure to clean the shavings off really well. Then I painted the top and all the sides metallic purple. After it was dried, I covered it with Mod Podge. I let that dry completely, and after that was dry, I measured across the middle to find the longest point across. (Lightly draw a line across with a pencil) Then I moved my ruler to the other side of the circle and found the longest point across there too. (It should be the same distance). Then lightly draw a line across here with a pencil. Where the line intersects is where the middle of the circle should be.
Next, I started with the dot in the middle and then made the various dots and shapes around it, going from the middle out. If I made a mistake, I took a damp Q-Tip and wiped up the paint immediately. When it was finished and dried, I put a coat of Mod Podge over the paint. When it was all complete, I put a hanger on the back to be able to hang it on the wall.
- Round Wood Block – Hobby Lobby – $ 2.99 (2 pieces) https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Painting-Surfaces/Wood/Round-Wood-Plaques—5%22/p/20843
- Purple Metallic Paint – Hobby Lobby – $2.99 https://www.hobbylobby.com/search/?text=metallic+paint&quickview=80937509
- Blue Metallic Paint – Hobby Lobby – $2.99 https://www.hobbylobby.com/search/?text=metallic+paint&quickview=80937509
- White Paint – Hobby Lobby – $0.87 https://www.hobbylobby.com/search/?text=metallic+paint&quickview=80937509
- Clay Modeling Tools – Amazon – $14.99 https://www.amazon.com/Augernis-Modeling-Sculpting-Sculpture-Decoration/dp/B07PV1Q4B8/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JYWJ98A8F3F3SNAWA9VC
- Mod Podge – WalMart – $4.86 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mod-Podge-WMCS11301CA-Sealer-Glue-and-Finish-Matte-Finish-Clear-8-fl-oz/20918422