I created these signs with the intention of giving one to my sweet Momma, and one to my amazing Aunt for Mother’s Day. I decided I wanted one for myself as well, though! 🙂 They turned out adorable and I can’t wait to find a spot in my kitchen for it! As always, please stay safe, healthy and HAPPY! *hugs*
I started off by covering my lap table with brown postal paper to make sure you don’t ruin your surface. I got my jar signs at Dollar General, but I’ve seen them at Dollar Tree, and Hobby Lobby as well! I grabbed all my supplies and tried to get everything together that I thought I would need. I used green paint, I made my letters on my Cricut, but you can get vinyl letters online or at Hobby Lobby or Dollar Tree, twine, a cheap strand of pearls and some white paint. I also used various other supplies like scissors and paint brushes and my hot glue gun and my heat gun to help dry the paint faster.
First I painted my jars green. I had to use two coats. Then I put my vinyl letters on after the paint was completely dry. I made the twine bow, (I just looked up how to make a simple twine bow on YouTube because I’m terrible at bows) and then wrapped it with a small (cheap) string of pearls on both sides of the front. Before attaching the bow, I highlighted the jar with white paint around the edges with a very dry brush. Be sure to use VERY little paint on the brush. It’s better to start with not enough paint and add more. Then I attached the bow at the top with hot glue! All finished!!
- Twine – I bought mine at Dollar Tree for $1.00, but you can buy it here (there is more twine here) online Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/HowenDay-Jute-Twine/dp/B07F3FT7CR/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=twine&qid=1589374085&sr=8-8
- Jar Sign – I got mine at Dollar General for $1.00 each, the closest I could find online was Walmart $6.98 https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Pioneer-Woman-Pw-Jar-Sign-Decor/743471048
- Pearl Strand – Hobby Lobby (Wait until they are 1/2 off for this price) $2.99 https://www.hobbylobby.com/Floral-Wedding/Wedding/Sprays-Picks/Pearl-White-Pearl-Beaded-Garland/p/4337
- Green Paint – Walmart $.50 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-Barrel-Acrylic-Paint-2-Fl-Oz/36502462?selected=true
- White Paint – Walmart $.50 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-Barrel-Colors-White-Paint-2-Fl-Oz/20897796?selected=true
- Letters – I made mine with my Cricut, but you can get these online at Hobby Lobby $1.99 https://www.hobbylobby.com/Scrapbook-Paper-Crafts/Stickers/Black-Block-Alphabet-Stickers/p/14195
- Heart Sticker – I made mine with my Cricut, but you can get these online at Hobby Lobby $1.74 https://www.hobbylobby.com/Scrapbook-Paper-Crafts/Stickers/Silver-Gold-Glitter-Hearts-Stickers/p/80785392