I really love the crackle and the color in this sign. I know it is only a small pop of yellow, but I think it’s just adorable. Stay Safe, Healthy and HAPPY my amazing friends! *hugs*
First, I covered my lap table with brown postage paper! (now if you follow my blogs, I know you’re not surprised by this!!) Next I gathered my supplies I thought I would be using! I used 3 coasters, twine, wood beads, ivory chalk paint, yellow paint, vinyl decals, or you can write it with a black paint pen as well by hand, and draw the flower. If you would like me to make the decals for this project for you, please read the supply list at the bottom. It was a really simple flower. You will also need other supplies such as a glue gun, paint brushes, black sharpie and scissors.
First I painted the coasters ivory several times (making sure to let the paint dry between coats). Then I changed my mind and wanted to paint it a grey color. After I painted it grey, I changed my mind again, and went back to ivory. Haha, so I painted lots of coats of paint. By the time I was finished, it had a crackle finish on it. I really liked it.
Then I put on my vinyl decals that I made with my Cricut. My flower did not have black in the middle, so I just colored it in by hand with a black sharpie. I really love the way they turned out. As I stated above, if you don’t have a Cricut, you can just write it yourself, or if you would like, I can make the decals for you for a small cost. Just read the supplies below for cost information.
Next I colored 4 wooden beads yellow. I let them dry well, and triple knotted a long piece of twine. I put some hot glue on the other end of the twine to make it easier to put the wood beads on. I put a bead on, then I attached a twine tassel that I made. The more that I worked with the tassel, the better it looked. At first I wasn’t sure about it, but it looked much better the more that I played with it. I knotted the twine above the bead very well, then I attached it to the bottom coaster with a very good amount of hot glue. then I took the hot glue to the top of the coaster and went straight up and hot glued it to the top of the back of the coaster. Then I tied another triple knot after the glue had dried well, and put on another bead. I did this all the way up, until all the coasters were attached and there was a bead at the very top. Then you should create a hanger with the twine. I did a loop, but I think that if you did a hanger where it held on both sides, then came up and had a yellow bead at the top, I think that would be more steady. I’m not sure if that’s the case, though since I didn’t do this. At any rate, I think it really turned out super cute! I love it!
- Coasters – Amazon – $12.99 for 12 coasters https://www.amazon.com/Ceramic-Alcohol-Painting-Decorating-Ceramics/dp/B07XRZ7HP6/ref=sr_1_33?dchild=1&keywords=blank+coaster&qid=1589968042&sr=8-33
- Twine – Amazon – $4.99 https://www.amazon.com/HowenDay-Jute-Twine/dp/B07F3FT7CR/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=twine&qid=1589968109&sr=8-8
- Ivory Chalk paint – Walmart – $1.67 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Waverly-Inspirations-2-Fl-Oz-Ivory-Acrylic-Chalk-Paint/168055206?selected=true
- Wooden Beads – Amazon – $15.99 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VB7V6R4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Vinyl Words and Flowers – I printed mine on my Cricut. If you need or want me to print this for you, I can for a total cost of $15.00 for all 3 words, and all 6 flowers (with no middle) (Shipped only to continental US) (Free Shipping) (Price subject to change) Just send a message to the email in the upper right where it says “contact me” and we can set it up!