This sign turned out absolutely adorable! It was actually VERY simple to make, and it makes me wanna make more! I made it for the coffee nook that I have dreamed up! Haha I’m bound and determined to have a coffee nook that is my own little space! I want to decorate it, and change it with the seasons and make it mine! *daydreaming* This is absolutely one sign that is going in my future nook! I hope you like it as much as I do. As always, if you have any questions at all, please always feel free to message me at the email at the right. Also, sign up to get emails from me! I don’t send them out yet, but soon I plan on sending out some monthly emails with crafts and tips that I have done from the comfort of my bed!!! *exciting* Please Stay Safe, Healthy and HAPPY!!! **Hugs**
As always, I started off by covering my lap craft table with brown postage paper that I bought at Dollar Tree. Then I gathered all of my supplies I thought I was going to use. I almost always end up using something else here and there, but I try to get everything I can think of together. With this project I used a 5×7 frame from Hobby Lobby, Chalk paint in “Elephant” by Waverly, Chalk paint in white by DecoArt, Large craft sticks, twine, and I created the print out I used on my Cricut *At the bottom of the page, I’ve put details on how you can purchase a decal from me very cheap if you need one*. I also used various other supplies such as my glue gun, paint brushes, heavy duty scissors (mine are Fissors) to cut the craft sticks, regular scissors, ruler, sand block, and a button I had in my stash.
First I took the frame apart and set the glass aside. You won’t be needing the glass for this project. Then I took the cardboard on the inside and set the craft stick on it straight. I marked two lines on each end showing where they needed to be cut off. I also stacked them up to see how many I needed. (I used 9) Then I made the marks on each of my sticks. I cut off the ends on each of the 9 sticks, so they were all the right size. I used white DecoArt chalk paint and painted them all with 2 coats, making sure to let the first coat dry completely first. Then I glued them all very close to each other on the cardboard, making sure they were on straight, and lined up. Once they were all on there, I painted the frame with 2 coats of Waverly chalk paint in Elephant color. Again, making sure that the coats were dry before putting on the second coat. Once it was all dry, I lightly took my sanding block, and took it over the little bumps that were on the frame to let some of the antique look come through. After that, I applied that vinyl decal that I made on my Cricut on my craft sticks. *At the bottom of the page, I’m writing details on how I am selling the decals to my online family VERY cheap if you need one* I inserted that back in the frame, and then created the little bow with some twine by watching YouTube. I’m terrible with bows, but this one I just wrapped it around in a big circle around my four fingers around and around about 10 times, then I tied it in the middle with just a knot. Then I literally just cut each end to create the fringed bow on each side. I just put a little heart button I had in my stash in the middle that I thought would look cute!
- 5×7 Frame – I got mine at Dollar Tree for $1.00, but you can find a similar one at – Walmart – $4.82 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Mahogany-5×7-Picture-Frame/54512924
- Grey chalk paint (Elephant) – Walmart – $1.67 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Waverly-Inspirations-2-Fl-Oz-Chalk-Matte-Finish-Acrylic-Paint/130905465?selected=true
- White chalk paint – Walmart – $1.67 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Waverly-Inspirations-2-Fl-Oz-Chalk-Matte-Finish-Acrylic-Paint/130905465?selected=true
- Twine – Amazon – $4.99 https://www.amazon.com/HowenDay-Jute-Twine/dp/B07F3FT7CR/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=twine&qid=1589934789&sr=8-8
- Large Craft (Popsicle) sticks – I got mine at Dollar General for $1.00, but you can find the same at Amazon – $3.89 https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Wood-Craft-Stix-Pieces/dp/B0879DZVB1/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=large+craft+sticks&qid=1589934908&sr=8-7
- Vinyl saying – I printed mine on my Cricut. There are many places that sell black vinyl letters, and you can always draw the cup with a black paint pen or sharpie. If you would like the one that I made, I can make you one for a 5×7 frame and mail it to you for $5.50 and free shipping in the continental US. (Price subject to change) Just message me at the email listed at the right side of the page, and I’ll get it set up. I don’t sell these anywhere else right now, or anything, and honestly after I make it, weed it, prepare it and mail it I will have at least $5.50 in it, so it’s not for a profit for me. This is just so my online tribe of friends can make this cute sign too!