Okay you guys, my daughter and I did this craft, and it turned out SOOOOO flippin’ adorable! I mean, it was “awwww” adorable!! I saw some pictures of similar bunnies on Pinterest and I just HAD to try it! SOOOO here you guys go! I am posting my step by step process on how we made them! Yay!! Enjoy, stay safe, healthy and happy!
Okay, so as always, the first thing you want to do is gather your supplies! You’re going to need at least 1 wine glass. (We used 3.) Then you need white CHALK paint. It’s important that you use chalk paint, otherwise it might not stick to the glass. You also need some burlap or other ribbon of your choice to decorate the front, and burlap to cut out the ears, pink acrylic paint, and black and pink markers that are made to mark on glass. You’ll also need candles. I used votives, because that’s all I had, but slightly larger pillar candles look gorgeous! (It’s best to use the flameless candles) You will also need a hot glue gun, alcohol, and various other things like a paint brush etc.
First, take off any stickers that might be on your wine glasses. I used alcohol to do this, and to clean them inside and out.
Next, paint the INSIDE of your wine glasses with white CHALK paint. I used 2 coats. Be sure to let the first coat dry completely before adding the second coat.
Then turn the glasses upside down (important) and draw the bunny faces on them. (I practiced on my brown postage paper before drawing on the glasses)
Then print out some bunny ears (I have a copy of the bunny ears in pdf form that I used below these directions). Cut them out, and put them under the burlap. I traced around the burlap with a black sharpie marker and then painted where the pink should go on the inside of the ears before I cut out 3 sets of ears.
Then I made the bow out of burlap, and a matching bow on the outside of that, and attached the ears on the back, with floral wire up the back of the burlap ears to help hold them up. (You can just use hot glue on the top part of the glass if you don’t have floral wire)
You attach the bow/ears to the base of the glass, and put a candle on top and it’s finished!
* Please note, I do not have any affiliate links at this time. I just research the best prices that I can find for you online. You might find better prices, please always look for what is best for YOU!
* Wine Glasses – I got mine at Dollar Tree for $1.00 each. You can find them at Bed Bath and Beyond for $9.99 for a set of 12 https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/salt-trade-white-wine-glasses-set-of-12/1012378114?skuId=12378114&mrkgcl=609&mrkgadid=3304700489&enginename=google&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_winebar_online&product_id=12378114&adtype=pla&product_channel=online&adpos=&creative=356208182086&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&utm_campaignid=71700000054078483&utm_adgroupid=58700005145007998&targetid=92700045204727950&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItMP0lYS36AIVDl8NCh17Kw8oEAkYAiABEgKDAPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
* White Chalk Paint – Wal-Mart $5.62 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Waverly-Inspirations-Chalk-Acrylic-Paint-White-8-oz/45654792?selected=true
* Burlap – Amazon $13.94 (this will last you a good long time for small crafts) https://www.amazon.com/Afula-Burlap-BUR40-5YDS-Natural-Yards/dp/B07B9KLKXG/ref=sxin_3_ac_d_rm?ac_md=1-1-YnVybGFwIGZhYnJpYw%3D%3D-ac_d_rm&cv_ct_cx=burlap&dchild=1&keywords=burlap&pd_rd_i=B07B9KLKXG&pd_rd_r=6d4b7fc9-81c5-4ca4-b327-374b6c1b6a55&pd_rd_w=gFUP6&pd_rd_wg=Tbhtx&pf_rd_p=96e196e3-02fe-420a-8e27-9285fc9434dd&pf_rd_r=5FRQCYE3GW6CK51JMMGQ&psc=1&qid=1585187478
* Candles – Wal-Mart – $2.33 for 50 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Tealight-Candle-Pack-50-Count/45924265
* Black and Pink markers – Amazon $5.24 https://www.amazon.com/Sharpie-Oil-Based-Paint-Marker-Medium/dp/B0026HFZ32/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=pink+oil+based+marker&qid=1585187292&sr=8-6
* Pink Acrylic Paint – Wal-Mart $.50 (It says that on mine, may be different price for yours) https://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-Barrel-Colors-Candy-Pink-Paint-2-Fl-Oz/20897806?selected=true