Hey everyone! I hope this finds you all safe, healthy and HAPPY! I made this paint stick sign with paint sticks, pretty paper, and a wooden “Welcome” sign that I got on clearance a while back! (As well as other craft embellishments I had on hand such as ribbon and paint and twine and wooden beads) Please follow my blog if you like my crafts! I try to post a new craft every single Tuesday, and I plan on posting an Easter craft I did with my daughter later on today as well!! (My daughter did this paint stick craft with me, so some of the pictures that I am posting are of her craft, but it was the same process) If you have any special requests, be sure to email me!
The first step of this project is to gather all of your supplies: You will need 15 paint sticks (you only put paper on 12), several pieces of 12×12 scrapbook paper (I used 5), mod podge, twine, a sanding block, craft paint of your choosing, glue gun, and various embellishments of your choosing! (get creative!) I will post all the craft supplies that I purchased at the end, and where you can purchase them online! (I have no affiliate links at this time, I just try to find you the best price possible)
I covered my craft space with brown postal paper to keep it from getting destroyed.
First, you need to put your paint stick down on the back side of your scrapbook paper and draw a line from end to end to cut out. Make this line a bit wider than the craft stick. You don’t want it to be thinner! You are going to need 12 of these cut out.
After this, you will mod podge it to the craft stick. I have posted a video below on how I did this.
Then you will take a sanding block and sand your paper in a downward motion to get the excess paper off the edges of the sticks. Don’t go upward, it will pull the paper off of the sticks.
Put them in the order that you like, and turn them over. Then get them nice and neatly together, as straight as possible. You will tack them together with a little bit of hot glue. Then put the 3 extra sticks across the top, middle and bottom of the back of the sign. You will put plenty of hot glue on these 3 sticks, and hold them in place for a good 30 seconds or so while they adhere.
After that hot glue has dried, flip your sign over, and you can begin to embellish the front however you want! (Get creative you guys!) Post pics in the discussion!
Again, I have no affiliate links to anyone at this time. I really just try to find the best prices online that I can, but please feel free to search for what’s best for YOU!!! 🙂
* Paint Sticks – Amazon ($15.96 for 100) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00397Q6F4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
* Scrapbook Paper – Hobby Lobby (normally 4/$1.00) https://www.hobbylobby.com/search/?text=scrapbook+paper
* Mod Podge – Amazon ($4.86 for 8 oz.) https://www.amazon.com/CS11201-Mod-Podge-8-Ounce-1-Pack/dp/B003W0XR8M/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2177SDD8WK6XR&dchild=1&keywords=mod+podge&qid=1585176754&s=arts-crafts&sprefix=mod%2Carts-crafts%2C164&sr=1-2
* Wooden Beads – (I use these all the time $13.99 for 700 beads) Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VB7V6R4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
* Twine – Amazon ($9.49 for 1000 feet) https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Artworks-Wrapping-Picture-Gardening/dp/B081C1GRKM/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=twine&qid=1585176695&s=arts-crafts&sr=1-18