Another sign for my upcoming (and unknown by my poor husband) coffee nook! If I make another, I’ll make the frame a black, most likely. I wanted a little color in my life, though! I was feeling a little crazy today! Haha!! I love the color purple too. So there we are! I was super nervous about this sign because I free hand drew the coffee cup, and that is NOT my forte! It all seemed to work out, though. I always have fun crafting. It’s exciting going along and seeing if your project is going to be really good, or just “alright”. I love how my coffee cup turned out, and I can always change my frame color if I want! Right now I’m loving the frame too, though! Yay! I hope you all have as much fun with this as I did! Stay Safe, Healthy and HAPPY, my friends!!! *hugs*
You know I always start off by covering my craft table with brown postage paper. I love my craft table, and want to keep it nice. 🙂 Then I gathered all of my supplies! I used a 5×7 frame, a 5x7canvas panel, whole coffee beans (make sure when you order them, they are whole and not ground), white chalk paint, purple metallic paint, and various other supplies such as a hot glue gun (I used lots of hot glue), paint brushes, and tweezers. Then I took the glass out of my frame, and sat it to the side. I took a pencil and drew out my coffee cup, being sure not to get too close to the edges, so when I put the coffee beans on, it wouldn’t be too close to the frame to put back on. I also drew dots for the steam to give me some idea on how I wanted the shape to go.
Then I started all the outline of the cup with dabs of hot glue on low heat. This means you have to go faster. I went all around, and then up and did the steam. Then I completely filled in the cup as evenly as possible. When all the glue was completely dried, I took the tweezers and pulled off the extra hot glue, to where it looked better.
I then painted the frame completely with white chalk paint. I made sure to get the insides of the frame, and the outsides as well. When that dried, I put on two coats of the metallic purple paint. I waited for each coat to finish drying before putting on the next coat. Then I put it all together!
- 5×7 Frame – I bought mine at Dollar Tree for $1.00, but you can find one at Walmart – $1.46 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-5X7-STEP-Black-Frame/874677822
- Coffee beans – Amazon – $4.48 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LTI965G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- 5×7 Canvas Panels – Walmart – $10.55 for 3 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Centurion-All-Media-Primed-Linen-Panels-3-Pack-5×7/567339109
- White chalk paint – Walmart $1,67 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Waverly-Inspirations-2-Fl-Oz-No-Prep-Matte-Chalk-Acrylic-Paint/125056172?selected=true
- Purple metallic paint – Hobby Lobby – $1.60 https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Stencils-Craft-Paints/Acrylic-Craft-Paints/Purple-Ceramcoat-Select-Multi-Surface-Metallic-Paint/p/80881861
- Sanding block – Amazon – $9.99 for 6 different blocks https://www.amazon.com/WELLGO-Sanding-Sponges-Assortment-Glasses/dp/B07R3VL8RM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=sanding+block&qid=1589964724&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMlBEVTQ4NERKNTVFJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTc2OTM3NVU2TTE1Mkc2QUc4JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA3MzgxOTYxWTBGNk9BU040TEwmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl